What happens when Streaming meets SMS?
Combining these two super channels can create an ultimate media and advertising experience for your viewers and advertisers.
Let’s take a look at how SMS can work in tandem with your live streams to engage and reward your followers and offer added value to your regular advertisers.
But first, let’s go over some of the basics of SMS.
So, what is SMS?
SMS stands for “short message service” which allows you to send text-only messages to communicate with your viewers.
SMS: SMS stands for “short message service” and is a text-only message.
Keywords: Keyword refers a word you reserve to use to promote your SMS program to your viewers and have them sign up to receive marketing texts.
Campaigns: A campaign is a strategic messaging campaign you utilize in your text marketing program to develop your database, engage with viewers, and/or promote your advertisers.
Subscribers: The viewers or people in your database who have opted-in to receive text messages from you.
Segments: Segments are subsets of your list grouped by demographics, interests or other pertinent criteria.
Auto Responders: Trigger based automatic messages sent to your viewers
Welcome Message: A type of autoresponder that is sent when someone texts into your keyword.
What can SMS do for you?
- Easily collect feedback and valuable information from your viewers.
- Engage viewers with rewards through contests.
- Offer added value to advertisers.
How to get started?
- Choose an SMS platform
- Select the type of phone number number that works best for you and your viewers; long code, dedicated code, vanity code, or shared short code.
- Add compliance language to your website and all advertising
- Reserve your keyword(s)
- Set up autoresponders for each keyword
- Test, test and then test some more!
- Set your campaign live